Deployed Systems Support Engineer
Job ID: 2019-41021
Type: Full Time
of Openings: 1
General Dynamics Mission Systems
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field, or equivalent experience is required.
Department of Defense Secret security clearance is required within a reasonable time from hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
General Dynamics Mission Systems has an immediate opening for a Deployed Systems Support Engineer for the Nuclear Weapon Security Program. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
* Working as part of the Operational Support team which resolves problems that occur at the NWS field sites.
* Investigation and resolution of problem reports resulting in generation and execution of Alteration Documentation.
* Contributes and/or leads investigation projects that support sustaining the fielded system
* Works as individual contributor using defined resources to meet project requirements
* Gathers and organizes data for review with appropriate engineer(s) in support of project
* Accepts direction from superiors
* Integrates well in a team environment and able to work in cross-discipline environments
* Performs research and engineering functions involving the layout, building, testing, troubleshooting and repairing of devices, assemblies, subsystems, and systems for the fielded NWS systems
* Prepares and coordinates the plans and schedules for Operational Support activities
* Formulates and recommends corrective action measures for issues regarding the Operational System
* Participates in engineering teams supporting design, materials, equipment setup and maintenance and related issues
* Develops, implements, installs, tests, and/or modifies existing NWS systems at both coasts and Pittsfield labs
* Supports customer meetings as required to provide status of ongoing projects, alterations and troubleshooting activities
* Develops and supports authoring of Alterations, Installation ODs, Field Change Orders (FCOs), etc
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Preferable knowledge and experience with networking concepts and practices
* Learns to use professional concepts and processes
* Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues
* Works on problems of limited scope
* Follows standard practices and procedures
* Builds stable working relationships internally
* Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
* Solves routine problems of limited scope and complexity following established policies and procedures
* Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor and other personnel in the section or group
* Grasps and applies new information quickly
* Able to work in flexible, fast paced environment
* Handles more complex assignments
* Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction
* Demonstrates initiative, applies personal talent to practical solutions
* Demonstrates technical competence in the setup, monitoring and documentation of experiments and/or lab equipment
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
Candidates with a degree in security, networking, IT or related are preferred.
The specific technical skills that will be considered are as follows (note: candidates do not have to have all of these, but must at least have some)
* Windows system administration - Server side experience including Active Directory
* Virtualization knowledge with emphasis on VMware
* Network engineering
* Backup systems and configuration
* Cyber security
* Database management/troubleshooting
* Hardware troubleshooing experience
Certifications are preferred, and could include A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT, CCNA, CCNP, CEH, CISSP, VCA, VCP, MCSA, etc. but are not required.
Fort Bragg, NC