Thank you for your interest in a career at Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers. We are a service and retreading market leader with over 180 Commercial Tire Centers and Truck Care Centers located across the United States. We have the unique ability to service the largest nation-wide commercial fleets while also providing friendly hometown service to regional and local fleets. Our mission statement is 'SERVICE EXCELLENCE - ALWAYS'. We offer a safe work environment, competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, prescription drug and dental plans, life insurance, 401(k), paid vacation and holidays.
As a Warehouse Technician, you would be responsible for all aspects of receiving, shipping and controlling incoming and outgoing new and retreaded commercial tires, casings, wheels and other types of tire related products and materials for a Goodyear Commercial Tire & Service Centers location.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
* Oversee all inbound and outbound tire shipments of new and retreaded tires to internal and external customers.
* Responsible for securing inventory assets and inventory control
* Perform cycle counts, preparing and fulfilling orders
* Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
* Operate a forklift and related equipment to load and unload trucks and move material within the warehouse.
* Maintain warehouse area in a neat and organized manner.
* Provide "Service Excellence - Always" to meet the service goals of the location.
* Review shipments and advising management of shortages or damaged shipments.
* Work with Service Manager and Office Manager on proper documentation of merchandise to control.
* Perform a variety of manual tasks for extended periods of time, which may include light and heavy lifting, including commercial tires and wheels, standing, bending, and squatting
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* No relocation is being offered for this position
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Previous warehouse, shipping, and receiving experience.
* Strong oral and written communication ability.
* Commitment to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
* Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.