Autonomous Driving Vehicle Test Engineer
Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Join the technology company thats transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position
This Vehicle Test Engineer role is centered around the test and validation engineering aspects of Autonomous Driving vehicle programs for OEM customers. Vehicle-level testing may be conducted either on test tracks or real-world road networks, spanning several US states and cities. The successful Vehicle Test Engineer has a self-starting mentality, enjoys working hands-on on a variety of projects simultaneously and understands how to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction from internal and external engineering teams.
Responsibilities and Duties
* Lead on-road Autonomous Vehicle testing in the form of exploratory test trips and regular test routes in several locations, serving data collection and product validation requirements. Includes designing test routes, interfacing with the Vehicle Operators in each location, detecting trends in the data and performing root-cause analysis on issues found.
* Conduct closed-course vehicle testing on various test tracks and proving grounds. Includes instrumenting test vehicles, performing test driving and data analysis.
* Specification of instrumentation and equipment for test vehicles, including both low- and high-level sensor data.
* Design, creation and implementation of automated data analysis scripts. Includes working with engineering teams to determine which parameters to calculate, writing robust scripts to do the analysis, and then presenting the trends and statistics to engineering teams on a weekly basis.
* Create test procedures, plans and test reports to support all vehicle testing activities.
Need to Haves (Basic Qualifications)
* Bachelors degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
* 1+ years of vehicle-level testing experience in Autonomous Driving, or 3+ years vehicle-level testing experience in one of the following areas: Durability/Reliability, Vehicle Dynamics, Homologation
* 1+ years of data analysis experience
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
* Basic working-knowledge of Autonomous Driving technology
* Comfortable leading weekly meetings with customer teams to communicate test results and describe data in technical depth.
* Experience working with remote Technicians and Operators/Drivers
* Experience with NHTSA Levels 2-5 Autonomous Vehicles
* Experience creating automated data analysis in tools such as MATLAB and Python
* Technical writing proficiency for test procedures, plans and reports.
Traits We're Seeking
* Curiously investigate everything ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
* Lead with confidence thought leaders who empower those around them
* Learn by doing an entrepreneurial mindset thats driven by hands-on experimentation
* Embrace resilience seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
* Competitive compensation with bonus potential
* Competitive health benefits
* 401K with matching contribution
* Learning and development opportunities
* Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
* Recognition for innovation and excellence
* Opportunities to give back to the community
* Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Aptiv is a global technology company that develops safer, greener and more connected solutions enabling the future of mobility. Headquartered in Dublin, Aptiv has approximately 150,000 employees and operates 14 technical centers, as well as manufacturing sites and customer support centers in 45 countries. Visit aptiv.com.
About Advanced Safety and User Experience
Advanced Safety and User Experience encompasses our deep expertise in software, centralized computing platforms, advanced safety systems and automated driving focusing on five areas that are transforming mobility: Safety Electronics, Infotainment, User Experience, Autonomous Driving and Connectivity & Security.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Wright Patterson AFB, OH