The Cloud Foundation services team is looking for someoneexcited to work with Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, and Go. We are building aplatform that makes it easy to run micro services in a secure, scalable, andreliable way for Starbucks Technology. The platform engineer I is a key memberof the team helping to build that customer focused platform as a service(PaaS).
Job Summary &Mission
At Starbucks, ourmission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit one person, one cup, andone neighborhood at a time. Starbucks Technologists work to achieve thismission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners,customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This job contributes toStarbucks success by delivering high-quality, reliable, and stable technologiesand security capabilities in support of the Starbucks Engineering Platform.This position is accountable for the installation, configuration, monitoring,analysis, maintenance, and technical support of the platform.
Models and acts inaccordance with Starbucks guiding principles.
Summary of KeyResponsibilities
Responsibilitiesand essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
* Communicates highlycomplex ideas and concepts to non-technical peers and customers
* Ability to establishcross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technologypartners
* Support the developmentteam and perform activities to resolve developer issues in a timely andaccurate fashion
* Engineer build andrelease processes
* Ability to effectivelymanage and partner with technology vendors to deliver against businessobjectives
* Conducts research andmakes recommendations on standards, products, and services
* Ensures application andinfrastructure architectural solutions are stable, secure, and compliant withCompany standards and practices
* Implements alltechnologies in accordance with Information Security%27s guiding principles forhighly sensitive data
* Providehigh-availability operational support and automate solutions across theenvironment
* Implements deeptelemetry capabilities to provide ongoing success and performance metrics
* Implements servicemonitoring across all platforms to ensure continuous availability andoperational continuity of critical systems
* Upholds companypolicies, and legal/regulatory requirements, such as PCI
* Implements and maintainssystem configurations and baselines to support secure application developmentsoftware control best practices and standards
* 0-2years of professional industry experience with software development
* Experience in systemadministration, network administration, and systems engineering
* Experience in one ormore of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl and/or Ruby.
* Demonstrated ability todebug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks.
* Interest in designing,analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
* Knowledge in applicationdevelopment and supporting a development environment
* Experience with CloudComputing platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine,Digital Ocean)
* Familiarity in TCP/IPnetworking, architecture and core technologies (DNS, routing, firewalls, etc.)
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at email@example.com
Sugar Land, TX